Date: 12th May 2022
Time: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM EAT | 8:00 AM- 10:00 AM UTC
Venue: Sofitel Abidjan Hôtel Ivoire and online
For the youth to make long-term decisions, actions and investments for sustainable land use and management, land restoration and desertification reversal activities, recognition of land rights and the security of tenure is a must. Therefore, promoting land governance for the youth, while tapping into their determination and their energy as catalysts of change and early adopters of technology, is paramount to the restoration of both land, ecosystems, and housing security. The co-organisers will position the role of young women and men to combat desertification by advocating for youth access to and control over land. They will also give young people a chance to have equitable access to land and bring the degraded land back to life and into production.
Co-organizers: International Land Coalition Africa ( ILC Africa), Africa Development Bank, YILAA and Habitat for Humanity International.
- Innocent Antoine Houedji, Founder and Executive Director of YILAA
- Marialle, Maria Saguti, Principal Land Officer at African Development Bank Group
- Kubwimana Audace, Coordinator, International Land Coalition Africa
- Margaret Mengo, Director of operations, Habitat for Humanity International
- Pacifique Kanyiki and Pare Ismël, Country Representatives for YILAA
- Pranab Choudhury, Director of India Land Governance Center