Working towards these commitments
Secure Tenure Rights
To bring about improved natural resource governance in Tanzania by being a demand-driven network of members and partners that helps people to bridge the gap between people's local natural resource management needs and practices, and national natural resource management priorities, policies, laws and programs. TNRF aims to see policy and practice in the natural resource sector changed for the better--through improved governance and accountability.
TNRF's long term objectives are to see changed power relations, and changed perception and attitudes in natural resource governance. Through this, TNRF hopes to see sustainable livelihoods, sustainable resources, and rights protecting natural resource governance.
- Local communities and their institutions;
- TNRF working groups;
- Members and CSO Partners;
- Governmental ministries and agencies;
- Members of Parliament and Parliamentary Committees;
- National media and Private sector interests in natural resources in Tanzania.